Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Unsung Coup




A warrior by nature as summer grew in sultry heat
I sweated with desire to count coup on the first foe I beat
swear by my breech clout I grappled in the last assault
toss and turn this Ute with mortal combat before I halt,

Stake this associate to my ultra joy and his dread
add his feather to my cap to blush and see red
along the Tipi fire I see a shadow stir the soup
keenly attempt to win my love by another coup,

Enter slyly and put my first feather to the systole
by mystifying moves  I breath down her  mole
crafty duel precipitates our battle weary raptures
we surrender to roll within bison hide captures;

Victorious I swell with sensuous pride and forget to scout
no witness says the chieftain from the power he flouts
cheat sequesters her away from me by his woeful clout
deprived of my prize I watch her and the feather he touts!











No comments:

Post a Comment